Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Katie Hartley '09 talks about how to stay warm @ BC!


Why I chose BC:
A gut feeling.

What I like about BC:
I love BC’s beautiful campus, which always makes my day. I also love the cold weather (colder than I have ever experienced!) and being surrounded by the Jesuit-Catholic atmosphere. One of my favorite things to do on campus is also to go to sports events: football, hockey, and basketball – Go Eagles!

College is better than high school because:
I can go wherever I want whenever I want!

But I miss ___________ about Visi:
Visi Theater.

Classes I am taking next semester:
Adult Health I: Lecture, Adult Health I: Clinical, Adult Health Lab, Pharmocology, Painting 101, and Modern History I. (I am a nursing major).

Favorite place on campus: Bapst Library.

Stuff to do off campus:
Shopping on Newbury Street, Red Sox games at Fenway Park, Going to the movies at Fenway or the Boston Common, going out to eat at the North End (Little Italy of Boston)—all accessible by the T (the metro), which is right next to campus.

What do you wear to class?
Now that it’s cold – jeans, a sweater, uggs, scarf (plus jacket, gloves, and earmuffs). If you are going somewhere cold, invest in some earmuffs! They are amazing!

Best and worst thing about having boys around:
Best: guys make great friends, and can be so heartwarming. Worst: Boys are stupid.

Anything else you think the girls should know or we should have asked:
I think some of the biggest factors that affect your experience at a school are size and location (size meaning big or small, location meaning in the city or not). I know that sounds pretty basic, but in my opinion, if you try and find what you like in those two options, you can be happy just about anywhere!

Thanks Katie! If you would like to be in touch with Katie, ask your college counselor for her contact information! She will be visiting campus on January 6th during lunch to meet with any juniors or seniors who are interested in Boston College.

No comments:

Post a Comment