Monday, October 31, 2011

Here's to Procrastination

Happy Halloween Seniors!! We have received many, many questions about whether a November 1 deadline means that the application should be submitted by midnight tonight or midnight tomorrow night. I honestly do not recall having this question in previous years. Gosh, I think I would have wanted to have that application in already so I could be enjoying Halloween festivities. But that's just me. If you are toiling away right this second and could really use oh say another 24 hours, here's the scoop.


Your best bet is to check the college's website to be absolutely sure. Since so many of the questions I've received have been about the University of Maryland College Park, here is what their website says:

Does my application need to be received or postmarked by November 1 in order for me to meet the priority deadline?


In order to meet the priority application deadline of November 1, any mailed materials will need to be postmarked by the time the post office closes on November 1. Your online materials can be submitted until midnight (11:59pm EST) on November 1.


Here is the link: http://www.admissions.umd.edu/admissions/apply/FRAppFAQ.asp

Again, this is just UMCP's policy, so always doublecheck to make sure if you plan to work up until the last possible moment. In other November 1 deadline news, one of my students told me that Fairfield extended their Early Action deadline due to the storms and power outages in New England.

Keep calm and carry on!

Published by TSM

No comments:

Post a Comment