Friday, September 7, 2012

Something Better Than College Rankings

Like most college counselors, any discussion of the U.S. News and World Report Rankings makes me feel like this:
But I thoroughly look forward to the annual Almanac of Higher Education published around this time every year. The Almanac "gathers an assortment of key data about the most important trends in higher education" and I find it to be fascinating reading. Here are a just a few of the charts I found to be interesting this year:
Top Producers of U.S. Fulbright Students, 2011-12
Top Study-Abroad Destinations for U.S. Students 2009-10
Colleges That Charged $50,000 or More in 2011-2012

All right, that last one made me feel a little like the photograph above, but it's interesting reading nonetheless. And remember that many of the most expensive colleges in the country are all the most generous with need and/or merit based financial aid.

Published by: TSM

No comments:

Post a Comment