Friday, January 4, 2013

From My Inbox

We received quite a bit of mail from colleges over the break, and I'll be sharing some highlights as I make my way through my inbox.

Brown University's Class of 2016

Applications: 28,742

Early Decision Admits: 555

Regular Decision Admits: 2181

Admit Rate: 9.6

Two items of note: Alumni interviews are strongly recommended and Brown will consider up to the November SAT test date for ED candidates and the January SAT date for RD candidates.

Changes at Colorado College
Last year, Colorado College received a record high number of applicants (5568), a 64% increase in the last decade. During this time their admit rate has also been reduced from 56% to 23%, and the yield on offers of admission has increased from 28% to 40%. Since 2010, they have offered a "flexible testing policy" that (in my opinion) is very student friendly. Bravo Colorado College!

More to come next week!

Published by: TSM

No comments:

Post a Comment