Thursday, April 19, 2012

Catching Up

Between spring break and a college tour, I have not been at my desk since April 4th! I have just returned from visiting five colleges in South Carolina and I can't wait to post the highlights here. But first I have to attend to my overflowing inbox (the physical one on my desk and the very scary gmail one as well).

Seniors, we want to hear your college decisions so keep us posted.

Juniors, we want to hear about your Spring Break visits so keep us posted. If you haven't turned in a draft of your college essay, we know you you are and would like to invited you to submit a draft before the end of the year. YOU WILL BE GLAD YOU DID. I promise.

Serious highlights from my South Carolina trip are coming up, but here are a few silly highlights:

Number of colleges visited: 5
Number of hours on the bus: 8
Duration of a direct flight from DCA to Greenville, SC - About 1 hour
Number of chicken biscuits consumed by yours truly - (hangs head in shame) 3
Number of glasses of sweet tea consumed - too many to count
Number of colleges that gave us tours in golf carts - 2 (Furman and Wofford)
Number of shops I would have loved to visit in Charleston if I had more time - too many to count
Number of times I have texted the image of my name in lights at Clemson - 12 (how's that for a teaser?)
Number of flat tires on aforementioned golf carts - 1
Number of dorms I toured that were nicer than my current house - 1 (Wofford!)
Number of dorms I toured that were nicer than any place I lived in college - 5

More details to come!
Published by: TSM

No comments:

Post a Comment