Monday, April 2, 2012

SMITTEN!

I have watched the video introducing four month old Jack Junior to the Georgetown community at least a dozen times! How cute is this puppy???? I think I will join what will no doubt be a huge crowd on April 13th in Healy Circle to meet the newest member of the Hoya family. To make this whole story even more charming, I love the story in the Washington Post about the plan for Jack senior to "mentor" Jack junior.
When I was an admission officer at Georgetown, one of my favorite jobs was planning the GAAP Open House programs each spring for admitted students. It was extremely rewarding to meet excited students and parents after months of isolation reading files, and the best part was inviting Jack the Bulldog to attend Open House events. I always made sure to volunteer to hold his leash and introduce him to folks and there were even a few times I was brave enough to sneak him into the admissions office after hours. He would take a nap in my office and I would bask in how much fun it was to pretend that I was an Official Jack the Bulldog Handler. Welcome Jack Junior!

Published by TSM

No comments:

Post a Comment