Monday, October 15, 2012

Freshman Quiz with Grace Rubinger '12!

Add caption
Grace Rubinger '12 was back on-campus from Elon on her first Fall break as a college student. We asked Grace to take our Freshmen Quiz to give us a sense of the adjustment to collegiate life.

Why did you choose to attend Elon?
Elon is the right size for me (6000 undergrad), I really liked the campus, and nothing about it seemed overwhelming. It was a perfect fit!

The best thing about college is...
The independence, being able to do what I want without asking my parents.
But what I miss most about Visi is...
Rolling out of bed and putting my uniform on. You need to look fairly presentable going to class. Remember there are boys there!

What courses are you taking?
Intermediate French II, College Writing, European History since 1500, Statistics, and Intro to Elon (a counseling class).

Which is your favorite?
Since I am a history major, it would be my European history class. My professor in that course is also very funny.

Which is the hardest?
Definitely my college writing class, although I am doing very well in that course. At Visi the teachers gave you a lot of structure and direction in your writing assignments, in this course it is more rhetorical analysis.

What is it like to be in class with boys?
At first I was nervous to say what was on my mind, I was more guarded but now I voice my opinion.

Are there fun things to do off campus?
Actually, the town of Burlington has a pretty big restaurant scene. So when my friends and I are tired of dining halls (one even remains open until 2:00am -- for late night tator tots) we treat ourselves to dinner out. 
What advice would you give to the Class of 2013?
Cherish the moments at Visi because it is all about to change. You will really miss your friends. But don't be nervous you will make new ones easily.

It was great visiting with Grace, she seems so happy.From all the stories she shared it is no wonder our Visitation students speak so highly of Elon.

No comments:

Post a Comment